Did you know?
The Manx Lottery Trust operates a number of different grant-making programmes.
How to Apply
Application forms and guidance notes for current funding programmes can be viewed and downloaded from this website.
Additional information and advice can be obtained by contacting the Trust’s Grants Officer on (01624) 685745 or by E-mail to email@example.com
Minor Grants Programme
The Minor Grants Programme is aimed at local communities and awards grants of between £300 and £1,000 in a simple and straightforward way utilising funds provided by the Treasury. Applications can be made at any time and the application form is short and simple.
The Manx Lottery Trust is an independent charitable trust, established by a Trust Deed dated 21st May 2008, with the following objects:
- The relief of poverty
- The relief of elderly persons
- The relief ill or disabled persons
- The advancement of education and
- Any other purposes beneficial to the community
The Trustees are able to make payments to individuals, associations, groups, or corporate or other bodies, including registered charities, in furtherance of the objects of the trust, provided that the benefit on any payment is for a person or persons ordinarily resident in the Isle of Man.
Grants to individuals under objects (a) – (d) present little difficulty but when considering requests that might fall under option (e) the trustees must be satisfied that any payment would be for a purpose beneficial to the community. This is less likely to be the case where a request is to benefit a single individual or a small group of persons.
General Awards Programme
The General Awards Programme aims to fund projects that meet one or more of the following outcomes:
- People having better chances in life, with better access to training and development to improve the life skills.
- Stronger communities, with more active citizens working together to tackle their problems.
- Improved rural and urban environments, which communities are better able to access and enjoy.
- Healthier and more active people and communities.
This programme is to be funded through the provisions of the Delegation Agreement between the Big Lottery Fund and the Manx Lottery Trust – see details provided on the Funding page of this website.